Today is Earth Day in case you did not know. Try to do your part to make the World a better place for the future generations. It does not take a HUGE effort on your part. Here are a few things that we do as a family:
1. changed our light bulbs to those new curly-q looking ones (do not know the correct name)
2.turn the water while we brush our teeth (I have even taught Noah and Sarabeth to do this...yeah)
3. try to turn the lights off when we leave a room
4. recycle: magazines, newspapers and cans (You can sell your cans for money!!!)
5.reuse: Wal-Mart sacks for garbage bags, donate toys and clothes, reuse Christmas bows of course
6. reduce electricity and water as mentioned above
7. do not litter!!!!!
8.Plant trees or keep the ones you have...need them for the air with breathe
9. wash full loads of dishes and clothes
10. Try to use LESS hot water
11. Leave No Trace....Something we learned in Cub Scouts: Do not bother nature by pulling bark from the trees, breaking limbs, disturbing the wildlife and etc.
12. bumped up the thermostat a degree or two
I know there are a lot more things you could do, but these are just some simple things you can do on a regular basis. Before long, you start to do these things without even thinking about it. We all need to do our part, for our children and grandchildren.
Christmas Tour- Part 2-- Children's rooms
2 months ago