Wednesday, February 25, 2009

1st day on the job

Well, yesterday was my 1st day as a substitute teacher at my boys' school. I finally received a call at 6:45 a.m. That is the time that I get up every morning to get two boys ready for school...well, this morning I had to get an extra person ready in that same amount of time...ME!! I am the type of person who likes to plan ahead by laying out clothes the night before and packing "my" bag for the next day. I like to be prepared. Well, I picked the wrong job for that!!! Enough about me and not being prepared. We made it to school on time. I do not know how, but we did!
I was in a classroom that I volunteer in every other week, therefore, I already knew the kids which was a major plus for my 1st day on the job. We were just getting ready for the day and it happened....one of the boys got sick!! I mean threw up around his desk and left a trail to the bathroom. What a way to start the day. The rest of the day went smoothly. The kids are out of their desks more than they are in them...constantly blowing their noses, sharpening pencils, getting water from the sink, and etc. I know the teacher lets them do that stuff, but not as often as they TRIED it with me. Finally, I had enough!! Ya know, they try to get away as much as possible with a sub. Well, not with this one!!! Listen at me. I am trying the sound so mean and tough. Oh well, it was a good day for me. Just waiting on the next call.

1 comment:

  1. What a day! I can't imagine trying to get to school on time plus getting 2 kids ready too. I am so glad you have already started getting calls for subbing. Won't be long before you will be out in the work force all the time!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you enjoyed your visit....please come back soon. Wishing you many blessings!
Tonya