Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Moma and Me
I cooked supper for my moma and the in-laws. There were 16 of us including the kiddos. I grilled whole chickens, green beans, corn & rice casserole, spinach artichoke dip, baked potatoes, salad, and rolls. Bethany brought an apple pie with ice cream.

For almost 36 years, it has been only Moma and Me (my Daddy passed away when I was 4 mos old). Moma made several sacrifices for me and I am grateful for that. I can only imagine how difficult that was for her to lose her husband and to have to raise a 4 mo. baby on her own. Luckily, she had a lot help from both sets of grandparents. Mother's Day is a day to celebrate and appreciate your moms. I hope everyone had a terrific Mother's Day!!

Sarabeth and Rylee trying out the Farmall tractor....Future Farmers of America????

We ate lunch at Granny's (Taulbe's grandmother's house). This is a picture of all the mothers...rare occasion to get my mother-in-law in a picture. :) From l to r: Me, Aunt Di, Pam (my mother-in-law),Aunt Daisy (Granny's sister), Granny, Bethany (my sister-in-law),Tina, Lucy, Laurie, and Amanda holding Max.


Rylee and Me



Caleb and Me
These pictures are before church. The boys gave my a box set of Tresor by Lancome perfume. I have enough smelly stuff to last a looonnngggg time. ......came with three different sizes of perfume, body lotion, bubble bath, and hand lotion. What precious boys and husband I have!!!



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day. You're such a great mother!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you enjoyed your visit....please come back soon. Wishing you many blessings!
Tonya